Content and Social Media Specialist
Freebooksy is looking to hire a part-time (20 hours per week) Content and Social Media Specialist. This is a perfect entry-level opportunity for recent grads or part time workers to work at a small company and learn from Harvard and Duke MBAs. Hourly rate dependent on experience. This position may turn into a full time job for the right candidate.
Here’s what you will do:
- Learn lots of stuff, real fast, and have fun doing it
- Create daily blog posts that highlight free and bargain books
- Schedule posts to all social media accounts, particularly Facebook and Twitter
- Use special internal tools to help build our daily emails
- Communicate with authors via email and Facebook
- Enjoy a supportive, upbeat atmosphere
- Have a high level of comfort with technology and the web
- Be detail oriented, organized, and attentive
- Feel comfortable posting to Facebook and Twitter using a professional tone
- Be excited to learn how to use WordPress
- Write creatively – can you look at a book and write a witty Facebook post about it?
These things would be a bonus:
- Any hands-on HTML experience
- Knowledge of Photoshop or similar image editing technology
- Love of books
- Brain stockpiled with literary trivia
- Understand how many grammatical mistakes have been made in this job description
- Prior work with books, authors, or libraries
- Small company, you’ll deal directly with the company’s leadership providing a unique learning opportunity
- Located in the Google for Entrepreneurs Hub in Durham
- Fun atmosphere full of helpful, hard working people
- Free snacks, coffee, and the occasional free lunch
- Dress code is ultra casual, nobody has worn sweatpants yet, but we’re not opposed!
- Compete in our epic generational battle of wit: Snapchat vs Seinfeld
To apply send your resume to jobs at freebooksy dot com.